Thursday 8 March 2012

A Fooling Virtual Daily Makeover

As I was googeling makeover sites I came across another virtual makeover site called Daily make-over its like Taaz.com. So I tried it out.

Firstly I had to register which is standard with many of these kinds of things. There were no terms and conditions to click, and it claims to be free. However before I had even fully registered I was quite sneakily transferred to put my details on another database that belonged to their sponsor offering a health newsletter. Luckily I realised this and clicked on skip.

When I finally got on I uploaded a picture and outlined it, as with Taaz, and got started. I put on a blonde wig, the graphics looked better than Taaz and it looked more realistic. Then I tried some make-up and was told I couldn’t use my chosen brand I was then transferred on to a page to enter my credit card details. When I didn’t I was booted off.

I tried to log in thinking this may be a simple mistake as I joined up for a free service. But it wouldn’t let me back on apparently I had ‘dropped out of our registration process’. Obviously to use their website I should share my personal details along with debit and credit card information with every Tom Dick and Harry.

Well I’m not that desperate; they can keep their expensive virtual make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment