Thursday 1 December 2011

My Blog

Since I am fully qualified in the hair make-up and beauty world I decided to start a blog on free makeovers. I have worked in retail for a number of years and have a good knowledge of brands and products. I also no procedures for how things should be done and how they shouldn't.

The thing I have seen most in my professional life is poor hygiene standards, you get to see it all behind the scenes. I once worked in a place that rarely washed their brushes and used them on every customer, they were filthy and could have been disease ridden. Also I have witnessed terrible customer care and bad make-up, I have seen a grown woman burst in to tears after looking in the mirror at her horrific new look.

However I have been the shop assistant with that fussy customer that wants natural red lips, or non visible smokey eyes. They give you impossible guides to follow and so you do it and your polite while they constantly tut and complain that you’re doing it wrong. After an hour of being spoken to like a lump of poo on their shoe, they thank you and walk out without buying a single product. Another hour no commission.

Makeovers are not usually free on the high street, but if a make-up artist is not busy and is having a slow day she will traffic stop. You know "Good morning madam would you like to try our new....". You have been traffic stopped now act interested and get a free makeover.

While temping I once gave a lady a full makeover after she asked for advice on her eyes, then lips, foundation and it continued. Of course she didn't buy anything. The next day I was working up the road for the same product and low and behold the same lady came to my counter and asked for advice on her eyes. I knew where this was going and reminded her of yesterdays makeover, she went red when she recognised me and sheepishly returned to the high street.

Anyway my point is, I started this blog to investigate, to advise you on where to go to get good customer care, hygiene standards, and free makeovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment